Explore Valor: Shadow Ambassadors

November 9, 2022

Student Shadows

These next couple of weeks we will have some 8th graders from many schools coming to visit us to see if Valor is the school for them! Valor usually has about 500 visiting 8th grade students participate in shadow day, and over 200 9th and 10th grade shadow ambassadors sign up. For most visiting students, shadowing Valor, along with other high schools, is the most integral part in making their high school decision. In order to make their visit at Valor more enjoyable, here are some tips as a shadow ambassador on what to do and not do!

Be a part of the Community

When you’re with your shadow, it is important to make them feel like they are a part of the community. When your shadow is with you, they are probably very nervous. The best way to calm their nerves would be to simply treat them as if they were a new student; be kind, ask about their interests, sit with them, and make sure they are with you at all times.

Explore

If you have an off period, maybe show them around the school campus, get them a milkshake, let them talk to teachers, etc. Your job is to show them what an incredible opportunity Valor is for them! If they are interested in the theater department, tell them all about the great shows Valor puts on. If they enjoy a certain sport, tell them how that sports season is going so far. Make sure they are getting as much information as possible, without losing their interest or boring them.

Introduce your friends

When in the classroom with other students, let your friends meet your shadow. If you have a friend in a difficult math class, let your buddy get the correct info about that subject, from someone who may know more information about that than you! If you have a friend who knows more about the dance department, let your buddy talk with them. This is a great way for them to get a feel for the Valor students and community. Plus, the more the merrier right?

Christian Experience

Lastly, tell them about the incredible opportunity we have to attend chapel and learn about our creator in bible class. Though Valor may strive at athletics, arts, and academics, the one thing that sets us apart from most schools is that we have the wonderful chance to learn about the Lord! Explain to them how you get to grow through Gods word and love at this Christian school.

By doing all these things, we are sure to have a wonderful set of shadows this year who will want to return to Valor next year!

Donate to Valor Eagle Eye

Your donation will support the student journalists of Valor Christian High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Valor Eagle Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Valor Eagle Eye