53° Littleton, CO
The Student News Site of Valor Christian High School

Valor Eagle Eye

Valor Eagle Eye

Valor Eagle Eye

First Year Boys Basketball Coach Wins State

Valor Christian basketball entered a new era this season with the arrival of Coach Jeff Platt. Coach Platt, coming off a successful coaching career, found himself drawn to Valor’s unique blend of excellence and faith.“I followed Valor Christian from a distance for a long time now and there was just a lot about it that was in alignment with my values and kind of what I was looking for in my next step of my coaching career,” Platt said. 

Valor’s Christ-centered approach resonated with Coach Platt, a significant difference from his previous experiences. “The biggest difference being that Valor being a faith-based institution where we’re Christ centered and integrating our faith into everything that we do on and off the court,” he explained. This emphasis on faith creates a unique coaching environment, one that Coach Platt has embraced.

Building a winning team takes more than just talent, and Coach Platt emphasizes the importance of core values. “Trust, resilience, and perseverance” are the pillars of his coaching philosophy, he says. These values were on full display during Valor’s thrilling comeback victory over Regis Jesuit.“A standout night and moment for us was the Regis game,” Platt recalled. “We were down big at half…and the way our guys came out of the locker room at halftime and responded in the second half to come all the way back…it was a great moment for our field it’s kind of one of our defining moments this year because it showed uh the resilience that we had wanted to to build and our guys showed tremendous res resilience that night to not give up and come back and win that game,” he said. This comeback victory exemplified the fighting spirit Coach Platt has instilled in his team.

Valor Christian’s basketball program is known for its success, and Coach Platt is confident his team will continue that tradition. He acknowledges the pressure that comes with following in the footsteps of winning coaches, but he remains focused on the task at hand. “We just have to be appreciative of the opportunity to you know we’ve earned a chance to continue to play and now we got to be us to want to do the things that it takes to prepare for the next game but make sure that we don’t ever look past the next game because it’s a one game season now right it’s win or go home so if we want the opportunity to continue to advance we have to be able to pour everything in to prepare and to play in our next opponent,” Platt said. With Coach Platt’s leadership and his players’ dedication, Valor Christian basketball looks poised for another successful season.

Donate to Valor Eagle Eye

Your donation will support the student journalists of Valor Christian High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.