Wish Week Recap

This past week, the week of April 10th, Valor had their annual Wish Week. Every year Valor highlights one kid, and collectively, the school raises money to grant the wish kid’s wish. Working with Make a Wish Foundation, Valor chose Lewis, a 7 year old who loves dinosaurs, as 2023’s wish kid. Lewis’s wish was to visit the Jurassic Park theme park in Hawaii, and Valor helped raise money all week to help grant his wish. One way Valor raised money was through Wish Kits. Wish kits were bags with wish week shirts, leis for Hawaiian Day, and other sorts of goodies. The whole week was filled with fun themes and activities for students.

On Monday, Wish Week started off with Pajama Day, and students dressed up in their best PJ look. Not only that, but Valor kicked off the fun-filled week with the Wish Week Parade, where Valor sports, clubs, and classes got to show off their colorful floats, even Lewis got his own! At lunch, students had the option to get sparkly hair tinsel put in their hair. Many boys also opted to get their hair buzzed, which terrified lots, but it was all for a good cause. To finish the day, Valor hosted “Night on the Field”, where a movie was streamed and lots of fun games were played out on the lawn. 

Tuesday’s theme was Decades Day, and lots of students showed off their grooviest outfits. During lunch, there was a dunk tank, and students could pay to throw a ball and dunk their favorite (or least favorite!) teacher or student. It was quite the party.

Wednesday was hot and sunny, perfect for Hawaiian Day, and students had a blast dressed up in tropical shirts and colorful leis. To complement the sunny weather, snow cones and cotton candy were served at lunch. That evening, Valor hosted the Volley for Wishes, and students could go watch the games and root for their favorite student players!

On Thursday, students dressed in one color for Monochrome Day, and the outfits were definitely something special. In addition to those fun fits, soda floats were served at lunch, and the volleyball finals were played at lunch as well. What a fun day!

Finally Friday, the week finished with Wish Week Shirts, and a very enthusiastic assembly featuring Lewis and his family. During lunch, students had the opportunity to pie a teacher in the face, which got a little messy! To conclude the exciting day, Battle of the Bands took place, where many small bands got to showcase their songs and compete with each other.

It only got better however, on Saturday with Valor’s annual prom. Held at the Empire field at Mile High, it was an exciting experience for anyone who attended. After that, students could head over to Main Event to ride the night at Coney Island. Auctions were held for things like gift cards, college essentials, and many other fun prizes. What a way to finish Valor!

Wish Week is a great tradition, and an exciting way to raise money for those who are less fortunate. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to make Lewis’s and other kids’ dreams come true this past week, every little piece makes all the difference. See you next Wish Week Valor!